Located in the heart of historic Valley Springs, '470 CA-12' is a multipurpose 4.11-acre commercial property in Calaveras County. This versatile multiple-parcel offering includes a water well, excellent wide frontage and a prime location near the town center. Situated along CA-12 near the CA-26 intersection, the highly visible property is along the well traveled route to and from the Central Valley and Foothills to the Sierra Nevada. Land The property is nearly completely flat and ready for development. There is an approximate 180′ deep water well near the northeast side of the property. The land is surrounded by the beautiful oak tree studded rolling hills of the Mother Lode in the heart of historic and vibrant Gold Country. A highly desirable wide and visible frontage along CA-12 is optimal for commercial development, including a variety of other permitted uses for the favorable zoning provided this property. Recreation This property is in the popular California foothills, which provides many retail, recreation and outdoor opportunities. New Hogan Lake, the Calaveras River and other regional assets provide a rich source of customers for local commercial and retail business ventures. La Contenta Golf Club and a wide array of spectacular wineries are a short drive away. Fishing, camping, hunting, climbing, cycling, hiking and more are available for area residents and visitors alike. Region & Climate Valley Springs and the neighboring communities in Calaveras and Stanislaus County offer year-round residents and visitors exceptional climate and weather. History VALLEY SPRINGS: Since the Gold Rush, the West Calaveras area has been Calaveras County’s Gateway to the Mother Lode. From stage stops along the route from Stockton to the San Joaquin & Sierra Nevada Railroad from Lodi that established Wallace, Burson and finally Valley Springs in 1884, the western section of the county has provided access to business and visitors to the Mother Lode. The area has also boasted its own resources, whether gold in Jenny Lind and Paloma, copper in Campo Seco or agriculture throughout the region. With Camanche, New Hogan, and Pardee reservoirs, the Tri-Dam area has most recently become a magnet for boating, fishing and camping. Today, while still a rural community, a residential real estate boom has made West Calaveras and Valley Springs a place to go to instead of a place to go through. Originally named Spring Valley and settled shortly after the discovery of gold in Coloma in 1849, Valley Springs served as a waypoint for travelers and prospectors heading to San Andreas to the east, Jenny Lind, and Copperopolis to the south, and Ione, Jackson, and Sutter Creek to the north. Valley Springs was not a gold rush town, though it served as a resting point for many miners. Prior to Anglo settlements, the area also served as a waypoint for native Mi-Wuk and Yokut tribes traveling from lower to higher elevations. Evidence of pre-historic settlements have not been found in Valley Springs, however grinding stones found in Valley Springs indicate that Native Americans passed through it. Source: Sierra Nevada Geotourism. Location Valley Springs is at the heart of the Gold Country area in Calaveras County and serves as a hub of activity and resources for the region. The town is centrally located at the intersection of CA-26 and CA-12, providing residents and travelers a desired location for dining, shopping, supplies and more. Milton is a short drive to the south with Jackson a half-hour to the northeast. The popular Lodi wine region is a brief trek to the southwest. Sacramento International Airport is less than a 1.5-hr drive to the northwest. Shopping, entertainment and ranch / home resources are available in Valley Springs.

Property details:

Property Status:
Acreage: 4.11
Price: $1,500,000  
MLS/Other ID: 1148
Listing Website: Vist Here
Property Features:

Acreage